MP delivers Christmas thank you to Macclesfield postal workers
Postal workers at Royal Mail's Macclesfield delivery office were visited recently by local MP David Rutley as preparations for the busy festive period shifted up a gear.
During his visit, David met with and thanked staff on behalf of Macclesfield residents for all their hard work in the run-up to Christmas to make sure that people get their Christmas post on time.
Mr Rutley was given a tour of the delivery office by manager Mark Bethell, and saw first-hand how a smooth and efficient operation is kept running to ensure that Christmas post gets out before the big day.
David commented: “It was great to once again visit the hard-working postmen and women at Macclesfield Delivery Office and to have the opportunity to thank them for their hard work throughout the busy Christmas period.
“Without their commitment and energy, local families and businesses would not get their important Christmas post in time. I wish Royal Mail staff all the best over the festive period.”
Royal Mail is urging people to beat the festive rush and get all their letters and parcels in the post on time.
Royal Mail’s recommended last posting dates are:
- Wednesday 20th December for 2nd Class and Royal Mail Signed For 2nd Class
- Thursday 21st December for 1st Class, Royal Mail Signed For 1st Class, and Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed
- Friday 22nd December for Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday Guaranteed
Customers can also help Royal Mail ensure that all their letters, cards and parcels are delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible by taking a few easy steps:
• Post early – Avoid disappointment by posting your cards and parcels early.
• Use a postcode – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, and return address on the back of the envelope, will ensure quick and efficient delivery.
• Use Special Delivery – For valuable packages and parcels guarantee delivery with Royal Mail’s Special Delivery, which means your gift is tracked, traced and insured against loss.
For more information about Royal Mail’s last recommended posting dates, please visit: www.royalmail.com/greetings or call 03457 740 740.