St Mary’s Church, Acton - Christmas Tree Festival 2018
Article and images by Jonathan White
A Christmas Tree Festival took place at St Mary’s Church in Acton, near Nantwich, from Friday 8th to Sunday 10th December 2017.
There was a grand opening event held on Friday 8th December in the afternoon with a guest appearance from Father Christmas, followed in the evening by a ‘Mingle and Jingle’ charity concert.
Festival events took place on Saturday 9th December and Sunday 10th December - with a prize raffle, light refreshments and a stall selling handmade items made by parishioners.
Over forty trees have been sponsored and decorated by parishioners, local societies, and local businesses for the event.
There were also three Christmas trees made out of alternative materials, including: a slate tree from Emerton Roofing, a wooden tree from Lavender Hulme and a hanging tree from a local tree surgeon.
There is also a nativity scene and a dolls house village Christmas scene, and the trees will remain on display in St Mary’s Church until 28th December.
Upcoming Christmas services at St Mary’s Church, Acton include:
- Sunday 17th December (11am) Messy Nativity
- Sunday 17th December (6.30pm) Carol Service
- Sunday 24th December, Christmas Eve (2.30-4.30pm) Tea at the Tower
- Sunday 24th December, Christmas Eve (5pm) Christingle Service
- Sunday 24th December, Christmas Eve (11:30pm) Midnight Communion
- Monday 25th December, Christmas Day (11am) Holy Communion
NB: ‘Tea at the Tower’ takes place every Sunday afternoon (2.30-4.30pm)
For further information on church activities at St Mary’s Church, Acton please visit www.stmarysacton.com